Serves 6 – 8
1 8-ounce package no-boil lasagna
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch chili powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1 pint raspberries
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 pint blueberries
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat the barbecue to 350 degrees for indirect heating. (or bake at 325 in a convection oven for 35 minutes.) Butter a 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles for 1 minute. Drain the noodles and put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain them again and lay on paper towels to dry. Lay 3 noodles in the bottom of the prepared glass or metal baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, granulated sugar, and egg and beat until almost smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, chili powder, and butter and mix well.
4. I n a third bowl, gently fold the raspberries and sliced strawberries into the blueberries, being careful not to crush the raspberries.
5. Top the first layer of lasagna noodles with one-third of the berry mixture, one-third of the ricotta mixture, and one-third of the flour mixture. Add 2 more layers of all 3 components.
Bake for 45 minutes over indirect heat (or bake at 325 in a convection oven for 35 minutes.). Remove the pan from the heat, let the lasagna cool, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on each plate.